New Academic Year
Mr Jones and Mr Ellis really enjoyed meeting you all last week (albeit virtually for some of you!) and spending the day together before we start back after the summer holiday. They are really looking forward to getting to know you better and teaching you next year.
We have lots of exciting things planned for the new academic year and our topic is Adventures around the world.
Over the summer, if you would like you could do some of the following activities relating to our topic:
- Try a new recipe from a different country – snap a photo or bring in the recipe.
- Watch an Olympic event on TV from Japan 2020(1) and then make up your own event and create a set of instructions for it.
- Go on a shape hunt in a location of your choice. Search for different 2d and 3d shapes for example a door is the shape of a rectangle. Either take a photo or draw them!
Also, here are some recommended reads for you to enjoy:
- Aesop’s Fables
- The Firework Maker’s daughter by Phillip Pullman
- Where the Wild Things are by Maurice Sendak
- The boy who biked the world by Alastair Humphreys
Have a wonderful summer break and I look forward to seeing you on the first day back!