New Academic Year
Miss Newson and Miss Scroby really enjoyed meeting you last week and spending the day together before we start back after the summer holiday. They are really looking forward to getting to know you better and teaching you next year.
We have lots of exciting things planned for the new academic year and our topic is ECO WARRIORS.
Over the summer, if you would like you could do some of the following activities relating to our topic:
- Create a junk model or character from recyclables. Bring them with you on your first day back.
- Choose a ‘Blue Planet’ YouTube clip and write a narration for this documentary. The clip needs to only be 4 or 5 minutes long. Please write your own script – do not copy what is already being said.
- Research 5 interesting facts about problems our environment is currently facing. This could be: climate change, plastic pollution, melting ice caps, burning of fossil fuels etc. We would like these facts in your own words.
Also, here are some recommended reads for you to enjoy:
- SeaBEAN by Sarah Holding
- Nen and the Lonely Fishermen by Ian Eagleton
- Floodlands by Marcus Sedgwick
Have a wonderful summer break and we look forward to seeing you on the first day back.