At Eastfield we are dedicated to enhancing sporting achievement and building a lasting legacy for each pupil and the wider community. We are committed to delivering excellent PE and sports coaching for children across the school. Our PE lessons, after school and inter school sport standard is very high due to the high expectation of sport at Eastfield.
At Eastfield, the children learn and improve a range of skills through a sporting context. These sports include:
- Swimming (currently for Yr4 and Yr5)
Sports Premium funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. (DfE,)
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- 1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick- starting healthy active lifestyles.
- 2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- 3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- 4. A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- 5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
In recent years Sports premium money has been and will continue to be spent in the following ways:
- purchases of new equipment for football, basketball and gymnastics
- Gymnastics coaching across the school.
- Dance coaching across the school.
- An enhanced rotation of games, dance and gymnastics blocks using specialist coaches with the benefit of in-session extra training for teachers
- KS1 and KS2 Tennis coach
- KS2 gymnastics coaches
- Intensive in-pool support for swimmers
- Swim England Swimming assessment and rewards.
- Engagement with clubs in the local community.
- Improving girls’ attitudes to sports.
To ensure improvements are sustainable teachers participate in evaluations and lesson studies in order to be able to deliver high quality sports provision.
Teachers work alongside the coaches. This way we deliver high quality PE for the children but also train our own teachers for the future.
The impact of the programme will be monitored by the PE specialist.